PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - L3 Harris Delays
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2023, 06:42
kitfox446

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by parkfell
If you have visited L3, was that a question you asked of the staff and customers you met?

Due diligence?.
If only staff were honest with their students. Stories abound of schools that lie to their prospective students about timelines, availability of instructors, flexibility of training, etc. Trying to get them to modify contracts on a case-by-case basis is perhaps worth a try, but probably unrealistic.

Based on my own experiences, I would strongly advise speaking directly to a large number of students in various phases of training, if you can find a way to do it. Look for student lounges, or even ask for some contacts from whoever interviewed you. Beware that they will likely share only contacts with positive feedback, but you can potentially use such contacts to reach others in turn who may have a different perspective.

Unfortunately, there is also the possibility that a previously good organization will turn bad. There is also the possibility that a dysfunctional org will get its act together and improve.

I think it’s a great idea on OP’s part to ask here as well. If you can’t find students to ask directly, post online and maybe the right people will see it