PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2023, 01:57
Kaboobla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sam10
have a call with Air Japan at the end of this month. What should I expect? Is this a screening call then will be asked to come to Japan for an interview if successful?
not from the US and this commute contract should be good for me...it seems the contract has been updated - what are their rules for spouse coming? Does the spouse only come for training once/twice and then they can't go again since we will stay in hotels or do they allow apartments? do they apply for visas. please provide insights on living conditions..do some pilots decide to reside there? thank you
I have been looking at this job too. Here's what I know so far:

- No residency or capacity to live in Japan. No visa. Just in and out on a shore pass.
- Spouse can visit twice during the training but as above no visa or any other residency.
- Tax is up to you. As you are not employed in Japan, Japanese taxes do not apply
- Accomodation during the simulators is in apartments in down town Tokyo. During line training and after check out its in Narita hotels - no company apartments in Narita anymore.