PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 Single Engine Missed Approach
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2023, 08:11
api

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jonty
Now going back to the original question. Airbus states that for OEI go around. “When following a published missed approach procedure, the EO ACC ALT should be the lower of the missed approach altitude or the MSA”.

So the thrust leavers should go to MCT at the end of the acceleration, which should be at MSA or the missed approach altitude.

FCTM/Procedures/Abnormal and Emergency Procedures/ENG/One Engine Inoperative - Go Around.

If you can’t achieve the gradient then do the EFP. And I would include the TOGA limit here. If you needed 12 mins of TOGA to complete the standard missed approach, do the EFP instead. Now if you were to lose the engine on the go around, and you can’t do the EFP, all bets are off. And if you need 12 mins of TOGA, use it.
Well i be damned. Heres what my FCTM/Procedures/…/One Engine Inoprative - Go Around says:
A one engine inoperative go-around is similar to a go-around flown with all engines.

On the application of TOGA, the flight crew must apply rudder promptly to compensate for the increase in thrust and consequently to keep the beta target centred.

Provided the flap lever is selected to Flap 1 or greater, SRS will engage and will be followed. If SRS is not available, the initial target pitch attitude will be 12.5 °.

The lateral FD mode will be GA TRK (or NAV if option installed) and this must be considered with respect to terrain clearance.

At the engine-out acceleration altitude, apply the same technique as described earlier. Refer to Engine Failure after V1.

// END