PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New WO RAF
Thread: New WO RAF
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2023, 22:23
SATCOS WHIPPING BOY

Received 55 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Toadstool
In this case, wrongly. Perhaps you want to meet him face to face to discuss your concerns about whether or not he is a diversity appointment. In fact, can I be there when you do?
I would be more than happy to meet him. I am sure he is a more than capable individual, but as someone else pointed out, the meddling and diversity-pushing malarkey means the question will overshadow any posting where the appointee is something other than a white-skinned, fully-limbed, stable-gender, heterosexual.

If he is as smart as I supect he is, he too will understand why the matter is raised.
If he is smarter than us, which I suspect he is, he too will realise that I am an advocate "of right person for the job" and any of the qualities I list should make no difference. sadly due to recent historical events (Top Gun 2 Premier request for non-white pilots to front the RAF presence - as a prime example) is appointment will always be questioned, perhaps even by the gentleman himself. " Did I get here because I am good at what I do, or did I get here because some woke senior officer wanted a pin-up poster boy".

The following 2 users liked this post by SATCOS WHIPPING BOY: