PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Photos of private flying
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2023, 02:18
India Four Two

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts
Last October, I migrated to Saigon to get away from the Prairie winter. Originally, I was due to return last week, but I changed my plans and returned a month early, in order to spend some time with my kids on Vancouver Island and then return to Calgary for the start of the gliding season.

This time last year, we were already flying. This year it will be at least another three weeks!

This was our first movement of the year. The immaculate C185 had a hydraulic failure, which meant the skis could not be lifted in order to allow a wheel-landing at their home base of Springbank, just west of Calgary.

After an overnight stop and repair the next day. I videoed the departure. I was asked to move back, since ski planes are not very maneuverable on the ground. Clearly I should have been much further back!

Click Quote to see the video link.

A few days later, when it was warmer and the runway had been snowploughed, our Chief Tow Pilot and I got our Pawnee out of the hangar and he took off for the fifteen minute flight to High River to have the annual done.

It's a good job that there are fenders/mudguards on the mainwheels!

Click Quote to see the video link.

Last edited by India Four Two; 5th Apr 2023 at 06:08.
The following users liked this post: