PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Would you be tempted to go out with a pilot?
Old 15th Jan 2004, 09:02
ozskipper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmm, I tossed up whether to write that original post as I thought it might have created more angst than intended....

And let me make it quite clear, I'm certainly not having a go at anyone here at all.... Quite the contrary

Perhaps I did not frame my response terribly well to get my point across...

I appreciate what you both MNT & Flyblue are saying...

I wasn't suggesting that GFB was trying to hide a particular characteristic - in fact from other related posts it would seem that GFB is quite able to fight his own battles! 8)

What I am trying to say is regardless of what your nick is or what it refers to I don't see why it should be questioned (I appreciate now that it may have been simple curiousity).

However nor am I suggesting that debate shouldn't be entered into or that the ability to express your thoughts or concerns be suppressed either.

I guess that what I am driving at is that it would never be tolerated if a nick "BlackJewishPilot" was questioned why they had those identifying characteristics in their nickname - you'd be branded a racist - however when it comes to sexual orientation, it seems that its ok.

I'd like to clarify though that I'm certainly not a political or rights activist in any sense of the word for any particular cause (gay, straight, animal, plant or mineral).

I'm probably making this much worse for myself by responding, but I kinda felt I should clarify.

Anyway, I trust that no offence has been taken to my soap box response.....