PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ADHD/ASD and CASA medicals
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2023, 09:47
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
A nephew of mine was diagnosed wIth ADHD and dosed to the gills with ritalin etc.

The proximate cause of his behaviour was an absolutely horrible, regimented and uncaring home life inflicted on him by a social climbing mother and a rigid father with an emotional IQ of minus 120. There was nothing wrong with the kid that couldnt have been solved with kind words, some good advice and love....

Boys behave differently from girls in educational settings for starters, then there are five(?) different learning styles and at least four communication styles..... it's just too easy to label someone a little different as ADHD because they don't mirror your preferred behaviour.

CASA should be ashamed. In fact the questionnaire, if it was to be of any use at all, which I doubt, would need to be preceded by a detailed questionnaire for the instructor in order to calibrate their responses in the student questionnaire. For example, one instructor may have a very different definition of bad behavior from another. For example, the slackest, laziest student I've ever seen is now flying for Qantas.