PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK CAA ATPL skills test
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2023, 09:34
Kennytheking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by do it
I’ve currently got an ICAO ATPL with an A320 endorsement and am looking at getting my
EASA license. Can I ask how you went about getting your EASA exams done? Cheers
Just to be clear, I did the UK exams not the EASA ones.

That said, I did look into the EASA exams...

You need approval from the Authority under which you plan to write the exams. I recommend Austrcontrol(https://www.austrocontrol.at/en/pilo...es/examination) because they have several external examination centers. You can also write in Vienna any day of the week and the cost is quite reasonable - under 50 euro per subject, I believe. External centers charge up to 4x more and, generally offer fewer exam dates(once a month) but at least you might not have to travel far.In my case there are visa issues to consider.

In the link provided you will find contact details. Just email them and tell them you want to write and have an existing licence, etc - they will email you back a form that you fill in and provide last few pages of your logbook, copies of your current rating and medical and they will then authorise you to write the exams without an ATO supporting you. It's actually the easiest part of the nightmare that awaits you