PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Disgusting Jetstar
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2023, 21:55
Koan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Lead Balloon
And there we have it.

Give Koan a taser to use on these animals.
Not at all. I don't instruct law enforcement in how to deal with trespassers that is their business. Due to security concerns post 911 we have very few interactions with customers regarding boarding issues on the ground. I just back up my crew and trust their judgement.

Now just the other day I happened to board late with the paperwork and I observed the behaviour of a passenger who was arguing with a gate agent about having to check his bag due to no more overhead locker space. I heard him pull the race card and claim discrimination. The agent scanned his boarding card and as the man was walking away to enter the jet bridge he turns around to face the agent and states loudly in front of dozens of people "I am the n-word you don't want to fxxx with and I will fxxx you up". So I pulled the agent aside and asked him "What is going on he just threatened you?" The agent told me the guy was "just a character". So I had a short greeting with the passenger in the jet bridge to asses his demeanor and then a huddle with our lead FA to advise of the situation. It turned out OK after some more grumbles during boarding and extending his false grievances to other customers he eventually took his seat and shut up.

I guess his outburst was just "a turn of phrase" that we must accept in this coarsening society.

The man had complied and reluctantly checked his bag.

People have a right to be rude as long as they follow all crew instructions.

Last edited by Koan; 3rd Apr 2023 at 22:07.