PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Review of US Military Study Released
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2023, 15:27
SASless

Received 523 Likes on 218 Posts
My evidence base is chats with people who think everything's fine.
Now there is a scientific unbiased sample if I ever saw one.

Any of you know of LTGEN McMasters background, education, military, and civilian accomplishments to include his widely acclaimed book on similar issues re senior military and civilian leadership failures leading up to and during the Vietnam War?

You might read "Dereliction of Duty" and compare what is described in it to the current situation and even the lead up to and conduct of the Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan before you get too far ahead. of yourselves.

We should learn from History even if we do not like its lessons.

If McMasters was willing to put his name and reputation behind the Report I am willing to consider what it has to say even if I might not fully agree with all it has to say.

What I take from the Report is the question about the "priorities" being assigned to various training content and funding which should be based upon the mission objectives assigned to our Military......American and British.

Despite Manning cutbacks I seem to recall recruitment goals are quite challenged on both sides of the Atlantic and there should be careful objective consideration of the causes.

Have not we been discussing the USAF Single Pilot crewing thing.....the lack of F-35 pilots in the RAF/RN....Army retention and recruitment issues of late?

Perhaps acknowledging your own personal bias might be in order before you point fingers elsewhere.

Can you compare Resume's with McMaster and declare yourself to have a superior insight.....I suggest very few of us can do that with any credibility.
The following 2 users liked this post by SASless: