PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Disgusting Jetstar
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2023, 10:50
KRviator

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by Koan
Listen friend. I have near 30 years experience with this mostly PIC from small turboprop to WB transpacific . Made mistakes before. You cannot take these animals into the air their behavior always gets worse. Here you had a completely confused and hostile irrational passenger who will not even follow instructions to take his own allocated seat ? Completely beyond the pale of any reasonable standard of human behavior. Now if he was truly aggrieved and discriminated against he should have simply deplaned in a calm manner and gone through Jetstar, the courts and relevant tribunals as necessary to lodge any claims of discrimination racial or otherwise. ALL airlines take any case of discrimination very seriously and only have the right to deny transport to customers based on their behavior.
You've got it wrong Koan - and massively so! He was not a
Originally Posted by Koan
confused and hostile irrational passenger who will not even follow instructions to take his own allocated seat ?
Until the CC ordered him into a seat away from his family, that he had swapped back to. This wasn't some drunken yobbo in hi-vis who's got ****faced in the lounge before his flight to Newman and who you know is going to cause issues airborne - it was a father who - quite reasonably IMHO - had arranged a mutual swap with another passenger to allow him to peacefully travel next to his family as he had arranged prior - afterall he had arranged it himself prior to the aircraft swap when Jetstar went back on that arrangement (for whatever reason), and who the CC decided to make an example of for no other reason than they could.

That does not make him "an animal" or any of that kind of emotive rubbish. It makes him a father and, IMHO, someone who had a reasonable request that Cartman refused to work with. That the CC didn't do ID checks on the rest of the passengers to make sure they were sitting in their assigned seats is evidence enough there isn't - and never was - a safety issue in a one-for-one seat swap of this nature. Try sitting in an exit row and being told you have to swap as the CC deems you ineligible because they don't think you can lift the window, or whatever reason they give. "But I'm not in my assigned seat anymore, miss! I don't wanna ride the lightning, so I have to stay here!"