PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SmartLynx
Thread: SmartLynx
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2023, 07:52
uberfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MD83FO
Hello guys, any input regarding Miami base for experienced 320 captains?
or next better assigned bases for new Joiners?
Base assignment is kind of a lottery. You can always request your preferred base(s) but likelihood you will get it in my opinion is 50-50. Especially if you are new joiner I think they will assign you to least desired base. This is because they lost almost half of their loyal and long term working pilots after disgraceful contract offer for 2023. Many CPT and FOs left to mostly competitors ACMI. So i believe they would really want to make people already in company happy and give them base they requested so you will be last one to get it. I can also give example from last years, many pilots from Belgium, Netherlands or Germany couldn't get the bases where they live and they were sent other countries while they sent pilots from other countries to those countries where company has bases. Most people did not understand why...

They did few adjustment and so called improvement however not much changed. Comparing to pre-covid you end up still less money at home and also considering inflation in the EU it is even worser.