PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 Single Engine Missed Approach
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2023, 13:05
Jonty

Received 18 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BraceBrace
You are mixing up things. The 10' limit is a hard limit that should be respected at all times, unless your life depends on it. From the moment you apply the rating, you can only keep it applied for consecutive 10 minutes.
You have made my point quite well. Its not a hard limit in that if you exceed it not much will instantly happen. It is however a limit. Like the MLM, or VNE, or all the other limits we have on aircraft.
Use it for 10 mins, but don’t crash into a hill because your 10 mins are up.

And here’s a thought with regards to the 10 min limit. If I use 10 mins for TOGA, what has to happen before I can use another 10 mins?

Having a deeper understanding of your aircraft is not a dangerous thing, it worries me that you think it would be. It stops you thinking you know better, but it also allows you to understand what the actual limits are and why they are there. If you do have a better understanding of your aircraft you are less likely to start arbitrarily disregarding set procedures, but you are more likely to chose the right procedure for your situation. You’re also far more likely to understand the outcome of any given procedure and its overall effect on your aircraft before you commence the procedure and therefore make decisions in a timely manner.