PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Roadshow HONG KONG March.
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2023, 12:51
RAT Management

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Babyjet_dododo
Are you saying I have to give up W patterns with max 3 days off and/or use my annual leave as recovery?

Give up the slum schools of HK for top class education in Dubai?

Leave my amazing 500sq ft apartment for a villa with a back yard?

You can’t be serious about having to give up the comfort of a bus/train/bus to/from work for a chauffeur driven car.

“No thanks - I will not give that up to live in the sandpit when I can live HK in pure ignorant bliss” - Every Quintessential white guy in CX
Ha ha. Classic.

I forgot to mention you get a 20 foot container to relocate to DXB so you can bring your favourite things from your apartment.

Plus, because the 4 bedroom villa will have too much space. They give you $6500USD to buy furniture as a one off welcome to DXB allowance.

Plus if your kids are at boarding school you get 2x confirmed return tickets for them to school/DXB each year per kid to make it hassle free for them to get flights over the school holidays!

Schooling is covered until your kids are 19 and that includes University overseas.

You get 6 annual leave confirmed bookable tickets each year as well for employee and family.

You get 10 tickets a year for "friends" outside of your normal travel nominees.

Plus 50% of your salary is protected against FX exchange rate extremes, but your salary will only go up but never down.

Those are some of the little things, but for some the little things are important..... Like command dinners, gold pins for 10,15.20 years. First class lounge pass when you get your command.... All those things have been wiped in HK but atleast in DXB someone still thinks it's important.