PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Roadshow HONG KONG March.
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2023, 10:03
Babyjet_dododo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RAT Management
Rosters from mates and snap shots I've seen are reasonable. 777 usually 3-4 days off after individual trips of 2-3 day patterns. No integrated patterns. 777 freight rosters are up to 10 day patterns but longer blocks off of around 7-8 days. The freighter trips are not mandatory you can opt in or out of em. 380 is generally 4 day patterns with 5-7 days off. All long haul 2 CAPT 2FO. No SO's

Swap system is available as well as live leave system for last minute annual leave requests and changes. 6 weeks leave all ranks! GaiamTV to take 30 days each year.

All housing paid including utilities. 4 bed Villa with club house and communal pool tennis courts etc. No option at the moment to opt out of company accom but if it does open up ( supply demand) $4200 US per month for FO and 5500US for Captain. But the catch is once outside company accom the utilities are your own expense.

For DEC it's a good deal assuming you have a place in HK you can pocket the rent from that and live housing cost free in Dubai. Pay is virtually the same when you take into account tax free.

Basically same as living in Hong Kong but schooling package is far superior. Only secondary requires Top up but in HK terms is like 10000 HKD as total top up for the year for one of the top schools in DXB.

The cars supplied to and from work are a bonus.

Medical benefits are superior or old CX style but also covers family across the world. Private rooms etc etc.

CX pos18 package is modelled on the Emirates one but with a downward adjustment to $$$ and benefits, assuming people would rather be in HK over The desert. But I don't think the assumption and the evidence of the continued attack on threshold hours shows the same financial stability as Emirates.

If you have a long career ahead of you as FO and you have moderate hours Emirates would be better financially. Quick command and accelerated command contracts on offer. The Provident fund is better than the current CX one so compounded over a long career will always be far superior.

For Direct Captains on 380 it's basically good rosters and if more than 5 years of service it would be financially better off assuming you have your place in Hong Kong generating extra $$$. Also if you can make 10+ years you get staff travel for your retirement!

Living in Dubai same same but different to Hong Kong. Some things better, some things worse. But if you can make it work in your favour it could be the best move you've made. But obviously not for everyone.
Are you saying I have to give up W patterns with max 3 days off and/or use my annual leave as recovery?

Give up the slum schools of HK for top class education in Dubai?

Leave my amazing 500sq ft apartment for a villa with a back yard?

You can’t be serious about having to give up the comfort of a bus/train/bus to/from work for a chauffeur driven car.

“No thanks - I will not give that up to live in the sandpit when I can live HK in pure ignorant bliss” - Every Quintessential white guy in CX