PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BEA; the privilege
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2023, 07:37
blind pew

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Loved the humour…and sarcasm..whilst I did 6 years I probably didn’t do that much more than you what with P3 and the blokes who were too scared to let me fly with the excuse “I’ve been in the office all week or the aircraft needs an auto land”..well at least during my first few years..then there was the fixation of getting in Sh*t or bust regardless of how high and fast..Scottish and London never seemed to be able to communicate so we always used to use Reverse on descent into jock land sometimes to around 3 grand, that and Gib so was never worried about using it.
As to the FO start from the beginning..a mate was late…10 mins late was on time in BEA ..but he was half an hour plus flying with a flight manager so he smeared his face with oil leaking from his banger and went out to the aircraft to face a rollocking pretending to be oblivious to the oil and proceeded to explain his life history of breaking down on the M4 when Sir interrupted him..told him to sit in first class, have a coffee and when the standby copilot had finished the checks join me in the cockpit..not only as P2 but got the sector out of london..rare bird especially from a manager..
Nearly finished john Farleys book..Jesus I’m lucky to be here what with spinning above stratus and below the london TMA without a parachute let alone entering one at 1,000ft in a glider.