PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BEA; the privilege
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2023, 07:37
blind pew

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Gordonmac nothing like our generation of social revolution and questioning the bull…
we had a few including a jock who would have a glass of wine with his RE2, fill his hip flask from the first class bay, fiddle with the girls on the jump seat on take off and fly the ils at 365 knots..
Had a few in Toblerone country but mainly ex Luftwaffe starfighter and Swiss french hunter guys…need for speed and speed they did including power off from top of descent until shutting the HP cocks.
One of the former scared the proverbial out of me when I suggested putting the seat belts sign on…turbulence? ..cruise ..he stuffed the stick fully forward then back..big grin with me white as a sheet and sweating..das ist turbulenz alan.
Ironically he lost his license a few months later and was put in charge of safety and reading the FDRs.
Back to your guys..was it a special trick to abort when hitting a puddle? ;-(
Sadly I was influenced a bit by these guys and when I eventually got my command I tweaked the boundaries but was restrained by the FDRs. I used to ask for a visual on our evening flight into Lisbon from 60 nm out…stay high downwind because of night flying training circuits and intercept the glide well inside the OM from above getting established by 500ft..saved a a good 10 mins from doing the procedure..but my naughtiest was trying an emergency descent into FCO where I got 16,700 fpm…not popular with the CC ..chickened out but certainly could have got a good 20,000fpm which made trident 11,000fpm with reverse, main gear and brakes look tame.

Last edited by blind pew; 1st Apr 2023 at 08:13. Reason: Bull