PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA Base Training
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2023, 19:59
TayBee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sor3a
It can be frustrating when people fail to understand the various challenges and constraints that others may be facing. Some individuals may question the motives behind pursuing a type rating or base training, without realizing that not everyone has the privilege of living or working in the EU or holding an EU passport. For those of us who aspire to work in the cockpit, these barriers can make it a difficult journey. While some may wonder why we chose to obtain an EASA license from the outset, it is important to recognize that everyone's situation is unique. Instead of passing judgment or offering unhelpful advice, it is important to either lend a hand or abstain from the conversation entirely. As a member of the aviation community, I empathize with those who are struggling to find a way to work and I urge others to do the same. If you have information that could be useful, please share it, but if not, please refrain from making unhelpful comments.
It can be frustrating when people fail to explain their situation properly after being given the advice that is correct for the vast majority, if not everybody.
The only person passing judgement and making 'unhelpful' comments (in the sense of they don't contain information pertinent to your question) in this thread has been me, because I find it incredibly irksome when people make demeaning and meaningless remarks to people in the industry who have taken the time to tell them how it is, instead of choosing to use their words to explain why the standard advice does not apply in their shoes.

A number of clearly experienced pilots have said the same thing, and the only response given was "Don't respond unless it answers my question".
Not once did they maybe think to explain why and how in their situation having completed their base training will get them a job - clearly for 99% of people, as per the above pilots, what has been suggested is a terrible idea, because it doesn't come with the additional requisite ~500h on type required.

Until one of you chooses to explain how they will use this self-funded base training to get a job (what airline are you using it for? Perhaps a screenshot of where it is stipulated you need it?), actually explain details of what stage you are at in your training/ratings, and perhaps also illuminate me as to how you are not damaging the industry for people like me who can't drop however many hundreds of thousands paying to fly an airliner, it is not any of the pilots above making unhelpful comments, it is you failing to communicate: not a good sign for a flying career in my opinion.

Last edited by TayBee; 31st Mar 2023 at 20:40.