PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2023, 15:31
Tartiflette Fan

Received 293 Likes on 163 Posts
Patriot not yet deployed

Originally Posted by petit plateau
- Patriot is a very ambiguous statement. Does anyone know how to interpret that as being a quantity (understandable) or quality (mmmm....) issue.

Regarding the others :

- UK never sent any remaindered Rapier, so not that.

- Gepard has had happy user videos all over the place.

- IRIS-T I have a vague memory of happy user videos, but could be mistaken in my memory.

- NASAAMS no known happy user videos, though I had assumed OpSec request.

- Crotale no known happy user videos, though I had assumed OpSec request.

The various ex-Soviet stuff sent by eastern European users seems to have been integrated as one would expect.

Maybe other stuff has gone and not been reported.
In this YT video from Denys Davydov, he talks about air-defence at 7:00 and says that deployment of Patriot is probably awaiting the much -heralded counter-attack. Since these are mobile systems, I really don't understand why they would not have used them since arrival ( 6-8 weeks ago ? ) unless it is restricted missile-supply ( over $ 1 million per piece ) and they are saving them to counter Russian air-power when they make their big push.
There is also mention of a large explosion at Simferopol military airport which the Russkis claim was a plane going supersonic, but there is accompanying video showing a large plume of smoke. Speculation of drone attack.

DD also reports the UKR Defence Minister saying that the counter-attack will happen in late April/early May !!. At 17:45 DD shows his regular war-map and talks through different possibilities for this action.

Last edited by Tartiflette Fan; 30th Mar 2023 at 15:55.
The following users liked this post: