PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Would you be tempted to go out with a pilot?
Old 15th Jan 2004, 04:41
ozskipper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With all due respect MNT, why do you have Turkish in your name?

Is it because you associate with the country or is it your real name? Is it part of your identity?

Why do I have oz in my name? Is it because it forms part of my identity?

No one would ever question why a person has "Jewish", "Disabled", "Black" or "Ozzie", "UK", "Eire" etc etc in their username .... how is having "gay" any different - again its part of your identity....

Whether someone is gay or not and they decide to have it in their username is matter entirely for them.....

Please don't take this has having a go at you or your post, but if people were to take the line that they shouldn't use aspects of their life that are important to them to create a username or nickname, then a lot of us are going to be called:

Person 1
Person 2
Man 1

And no, I doubt very much that the user in question walks into a room going "Hi I'm <whoever> and I'm gay". The same as I don't walk into a room saying "Hi, I'm <real name> and I'm secretly Ozskipper on line".

Its all about identity dude and the values you carry with you and no one has the right to censor that.

And now.... back to the topic this thread was started on.....

If I wasn't happily married to a particularly sexy nurse and the pilot was of the right gender then yes I'd date one.... But then again, there would have to a little more to them than their occupation to get me interested!

Last edited by ozskipper; 16th Jan 2004 at 04:26.