PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Chinook pilot jailed for sexual assault
Old 29th Mar 2023, 22:12
Union Jack

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by pax britanica
As a civilain I think 212mans article 22 manages to be quite extyensive as wel as concise about the kinds of behavious which are inapaprorpiate to verging on if not actual criminal offences. It also specifically sets outt he responsibilities of those involvig senior/junior rank interaction and interaction with family memebrs . A pretty good guide which could and should be suitable for many organsiations.
The only thing I do take isue with is , and I am amazed its still around, is theseemingly archaic officer and a gentleman or officers and 'other ranks' (a dismissiveand to my mind insulting term for the majority in any military unit. I believe the U forces , despite the Richard Gere film dont discrimninate to the same degree. Any one in the service should be made very clear what misuse of position or rank means be that an AVM or Corporal not just the oficer ranks.
However I was impressed with Article 22 and thought it a very good model for business .workign and adult life in general
Thank fully, the Senior Service no longer refers to "Officers and their Ladies, Warrant Officers and Senior Ratings and their Wives, and Junior Ratings and their Women"....

Jack