PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 Single Engine Missed Approach
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2023, 09:36
giord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by api
Dear all,

I have a question regarding the missed approach procedure Engine Out. Specifically, when do the thrust levers go from TOGA to MCT.
Say i am coming in for the approach single engine. On the approach plate i learn that the missed approach gradient is a standard 2.5% and go around altitude 3000. I decide i want to follow the standard missed approach instead of a custom EOSID.
What i understand from some airlines i asked: at acceleration altitude (std 1500) the crew levels the aircraft for acceleration and cleaning the drag and once done, continue in open climb and promptly set thrust to MCT.
My reasoning says that once you do all that below missed approach altitude then you no longer can be sure of the approach climb gradient you have calculated in the performance calculations software of your choosing.

Any insights on the matter is most welcome, hopefully with a corresponding page in the FCOM, FCTM, ICAO Doc or a paraphrasing from an OMA. Only then i might be able to talk sense to someone in my company….

p.s.
Any idea where i can find the manual for the Flysmart Landing/Takeoff app?
Cheers
Same problem here… nothing written in OM-A or SOPS and everyone accelerates at a different stage during OEI go around…