PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUFTHANSA graduate looking for info on bmi/BA cockpit careers
Old 15th Jan 2004, 03:30
hptaccv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that's the way life goes..

..being in the same situation as Graduate, I can understand his post, albeit it being slightly blue-eyed in the current environment.
As most other 'graduates', I'm currently working in a company with my feet firmly on the ground. Even though I've worked in the maintenance end of the airline industry, I wasn't able to find a job, which would give me enough flexibility to quit on LH's call.

@wlhf
As far as I know and have been informed, there is no release clause or time restriction. Yes, I know of a few people who have begun to study business ad. or the likes. Usually people who take up apprenticeships have the equivalent of O-levels, the german Realschule; A-levels or 'Abitur' being a requirement for Lufthansa, most people will prefer to go on and study.

@winch launch
check out www.lufthansa-pilot.de Realistically speaking, I would say good spoken german is required. Although barely two years ago (..agreed, that was pre 9-11) LH employed quite a few people from the broke KLS (KLM flight training) school, who weren't native german speakers either.

Wishing all of us a happy new year!
hptaccv