PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Disgusting Jetstar
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2023, 02:29
Lead Balloon

Received 426 Likes on 213 Posts
Originally Posted by das Uber Soldat
There is little requiring comprehension there. You've dodged the question now 4 times. "The rules apply to others, not to me" isn't an answer.

For the 5th time, do you believe operating personnel are required to comply with the policy and procedures of their ops manual.

This is a yes/no question. I don't need another waffling paragraph featuring some curated made up scenario in a bid to avoid the question. Just a yes, or a no.

Can you manage even this?
There is much requiring comprehension, das.

I didn't say the rules apply to others, not me. I keep saying that rules are for the guidance of wise people and strict adherence of fools and keep trying to get you to comprehend why.

The scenario I gave was not a 'curated made up scenario'. It was actually the subject of a discussion I had with an ATO (or flight examiner or whatever they're called these days) during my most recent flight review. It is a real life example of a real obligation to which I am subject, on pain of strict criminal liability, with which obligation I choose not to comply because my judgment is that compliance in the scenario discussed will contribute not thing one to anyone's safety. The ATO agreed with me.

I don't "believe" that operating personnel are required to comply with the policy and procedures of their ops manual. I know they have a statutory obligation to comply with their ops manual.

For the 6th time: I get it. Please just get on which strict adherence to the rules. You appear simply incapable of comprehending any scope for the exercise of any judgment or application of any wisdom contrary to a rule.