PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS Keflavik - the return
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2023, 22:55
Tanker3278

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys!

I'm hoping you guys wouldn't mind helping one of us untermensch ground pounders (I'm retired US Army). I'm working on a Red Storm Rising map on Google MyMaps and need some help pin-pointing some of the places in the cantonment area in order to make visuals to follow the story line. I've been surfing the internet for the last few days and have very little luck coming up with any info on the cantonment area. Since Keflavik probably won't become a full station again (according to the comments I've read they just want to rent a hangar or something like that), and the RSR storyline is from the mid-1980s, I'm thinking OPSEC shouldn't be an issue.

On the aviation issue, despite my being a lowly Army guy, I worked line service at the local municipal airport while I was in college the first time back in the late 90s. Now that I'm retired and have reacquired my first name, I'll probably be using some of the grant money that came along with my GI Bill to go get my private pilot's license. Last time I went flying was about 20 years ago and I miss it. Aviation is a good place to be!

Thanks!
-Jimmy