PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Disgusting Jetstar
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2023, 21:11
KRviator

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by das Uber Soldat
Do you believe operational personnel are required to comply with the policy and procedures of their ops manual? We can wrap this whole thing up right now with an answer to that question. I'm all ears.
So, my question is you say the operators OM's require passengers to stay in their assigned seats until after takeoff. Now I've no inherent problem with that concept if it's not a one-for-one swap, but if it is one-for-one and mutually agreed, then personally believe it should have been ignored in this event and all others, for the reasons others have put forward. If CC want to make an issue of it, why do they not cross-check seat assignment vs photo ID for every flight? Short answer is, (you know, and I know) they don't and 99.95% of the time, they couldn't care less anyway unless someone's gone to an unoccupied seat with the potential W&B issues that could result, slim as that chance may be.

But...

Go back a few years to the brouhaha where a male passenger (and more than one...) was moved from his assigned seat because he was sitting next to an unaccompanied minor - presumably the manifest wasn't updated, given it was the CC that ordered the move immediately before pushback, so why would that instance be acceptable - as it's "company policy to order such a move based solely on gender" - yet this one, is not?

To me, this particular instance smacks of the CC trying to emulate Cartman, "You will respect my authoreteh!" - and FWIW, I would challangebthe CC if they tried the similar thing on me, if I was travelling. Yes, my kids could sit next to the KRviatrix with me being 4,5,10 rows away - but in an emergency, particularly having regards to an evacuation, there's no way she could reasonably get herself and the two kids off the aircraft. But so long as I'm in my assigned seat, that's all good, right?
The following users liked this post: