PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Disgusting Jetstar
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2023, 14:40
das Uber Soldat

Received 127 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Traffic_Is_Er_Was
You know, the one that the now defunct CAR ordered them to comply with? You know, the one with the strict liability?
I've already addressed the CAR. Provisions still exist, just moved. Still strict liability.

Originally Posted by Traffic
What requirement would that be?
The one written in black and white in OM12?

Originally Posted by traffic
That passengers must sit in their assigned seats?
That's the one. You've even had another pilot from a different operator confirm that this requirement exists in their operation also. Its hardly unusual or unique.

Originally Posted by traffic
I haven't seen JQ doing ID to seat checks of every passenger prior to pushback to ensure they are compliant with their Ops Manual. Why was this individual singled out if no one else was checked that they were sitting in their assigned seat....you know,....as per the requirement apparently stipulated in their operations manual?
When the headcount fails, out comes the manifest and you better believe they go through each passenger on a name basis to ensure they are where they're supposed to be.

All of this is utterly irrelevant. To revisit, you claimed the CC acted incorrectly. So, I'll ask you the same question that Lead Balloon has now dodged 3 times.

Do you believe operational personnel are required to comply with the policy and procedures of their ops manual? We can wrap this whole thing up right now with an answer to that question. I'm all ears.

Moving on;

Originally Posted by Lead Balloon
You asked what I would do, I answered that what I would do would depend on the safety implications of the circumstances, and you simply assert that it wouldn't.

I even explained that I understand why you drones consider you have no choice but to comply with the ops manual rather than apply any of your own wisdom. I said I get it.

These two statements are contradictory. Statement 1 you declare that you'd potentially act in contravention to your ops manual. Statement 2 you say you 'understand' why us 'drones' (lovely) have no choice.

So you haven't answered my question at all. Either you believe operational personnel are required to comply with the ops manual (which would include you, thus precluding you from making your own decision), or you don't, which creates a whole other interesting conversation. For the 3rd time, which is it?

Originally Posted by Lead Balloon
Every day I give thanks to all the deities that I'm not a cockpit meat puppet. I pity you, das.

You must be fun at parties.