PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted-4
Thread: Stansted-4
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2023, 11:09
pamann

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by STN406
All very interesting. Had Tunisair and Air Algerie last year so hearing some other regular LHR operators having slots is really good to hear.
I don’t agree with the statement that they would go LGW as they can interline due to oneworld. Just as an operator is in an alliance doesn’t mean they will interline or codeshare on every flight at another operators base.
As all ways it will be a wait and see.
I have seen ITA slots loaded on the flight display system for the summer holidays so could possibly happen but then again Air India slots were showing for this week up till a week ago.

Sunair from GOT/MAN I see the most likely to happen. Have operated to CBG for a while on charters so it’s possible.
I might be imagining this; but didn’t Alitalia operate some kind of limited schedule from the airport in the 00’s? We have seen Lufthansa and SAS at times during the last 20 or so years, so it is possible. But would it last is a better question?

Sun Air; doesn’t this operate from CBG for the pharmaceutical companies located near by? BA used to sell seats to GOT from CBG above the allocation taken up daily by said companies. I’m not up to speed on the recent goings on at CBG but perhaps their venture is coming to an end?