PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KL677 Amsterdam-Calgary agressive passenger
Old 28th Mar 2023, 08:34
NoelEvans

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having a ticket booked on KL0677 later this year, I have taken a close interest in this!!

Originally Posted by dixi188
Back to AMS, standby crew called, aircraft on it's way to Calgary again.
Don't know if this is what happened.
That appears to be exactly what happened.

While I would be very annoyed (with that troublesome pax!), I would be pleased with the outcome of this incident.

If it had diverted into KEF, it would have been grounded with the crew going out of duty hours. A replacement crew might have taken a long, long time to be positioned there to continue the flight (with additional ground handling problems?). Returning to AMS would have given plenty of time for a replacement crew (and aeroplane?) to be ready to be on the way back to YYC. As a pax, I would prefer what KLM have done.

I hope that the Dutch judicial system is suitably hard on the perpetrator. I also hope that KLM has a compensation claim against the perpetrator that results in a hugely disadvantaged financial future for that perpetrator. A good example needs to be set for pax that disrupting airlines, their passengers and their crew is a very, very, very bad idea.

(As a Pilot, cargo enjoys the distinct advantage of not having any of this problem! However, as a Pax I am pleased that airlines can respond the way KLM did to get people, eventually, to where they wanted to be.)