PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Disgusting Jetstar
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2023, 04:01
megan

Received 410 Likes on 213 Posts
One day someone should do a study on the weird, symbiotic yet antagonistic relationship between punter and sandwiche-chucker
Amazing how you use an acceptable term for the customer and yet a derogatory wording for the CC, there be a problem. Society in general has a problem, respect is missing, I can honestly say I've never had a problem as a customer with anyone, treat the other with respect and it will be returned in spades. Jetstar went tech in Brisbane and the chap at the desk was providing exemplary service in arranging overnight accommodation, dinner, transport etc, chap in front of me was a FIFO worker and started with the demands on the basis of "we provide so much business to the company", very belligerent and got short shift from the Jetstar chap who told him in no uncertain manner that if he didn't belt up he wouldn't be getting any service at all.

Flew into Brisbane one morning on a Thai international which went tech (why always Brisbane) and so didn't get to the ultimate Tulla destination. Desk staff were inundated with a full 777 load to organise onward travel and handing out vouchers for the terminal restaurant when a six foot something twenty stone of so barged to the front of the line with a list of demands, got up from my seat and tried to calm him down, brother and I then headed for the restaurant, walking down the finger this chap was right behind us saying "come outside and lets sort this out" then kicked me in the ankle trying to trip me up. Sitting in the restaurant two police walked in, came to our table wanting details as to what had occurred, told the story and asked if we wanted to press charges for assault, explained that folk do get upset in such circumstances and sort of understandable, but on reflection should have had him charged as I later thought I bet he uses his intimidating bulk to always get what he wants. What I didn't know until later was at the time we walking down the finger the chap and we were being followed by a prison governor and some of his guards who were part of our travel group, so if he wanted to kick off he was in trouble. It was they who alerted the police. Travel to Tulla was finally arranged on a QF 767 via Sydney, staff ensured the bully was the very last to board and had to endure the jeering, hooting and clapping of all on board as he made the trek from the front entry door to the very last row at the back.

Drove a young pilot to catch a flight to Adelaide from Tulla enroute to their first flying job, bags of belongings which were assigned as freight, when checking the freight in got talking with the lad behind the desk as to what it was all for and he cut the charges in half, can't remember the airline as its some decades ago. Treat folk with respect and it gets returned with interest.