PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Network EBA
Thread: Network EBA
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2023, 00:45
walesregent

Received 233 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by DC1996
A huge part of the problem is that a large percentage of Pilots at Network have no intension of staying so they are either not in a union or don't care that much. They know QF Sydney is going to throw them under the bus (Alan has already said there is nothing more) so they are already moving to greener pastures or holding out for their mainline start date. Leaving everyone else who would like to stay with "F*** All" support. QF thinks they are saving money, but really, while they are patting themselves on the back, they are killing the goose that lays the golden egg. The rush for the door has already begun. This will adversely affect the whole group, not just Network.
I agree that people are planning to leave but I’m not sure I agree that they don’t care. Unless everyone I speak to is concealing the truth a large number of new joiners like living in Perth and would happily stay (at least in the medium term) if Ts and Cs were to improve. I agree it would be better if they were to join a union (and better still if most were represented by a single union) but I don’t think they are planning to grab and run. Even if they are planning to leave soon-ish they will still be working under the new agreement and could well do better out of it than they might do by getting the signing bonuses- particularly if they are waiting around for a mainline start date.