PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Disgusting Jetstar
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2023, 00:40
Eclan

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Bull_Shark
Anyone else notice those little signs everywhere you go now, at cafes, restaurants, supermarkets, banks, airports… pretty much any business large or small… those little signs that say “Please respect our staff, abuse won’t be tolerated, please be patient” etc.

The problem doesn’t lie with the police, nor the cabin crew, or even Jetstar.

The problem is that there are a lot of disgusting human beings who for whatever reason (social media, internet, Covid, hardships whatever excuse you want to use) think that they are more important, entitled and special than anyone else.
For every badly-behaved or in your words "disgusting" customer needing to read that sign is a badly-behaved, boorish, ill-mannered, entitled customer-service person who brings bad behaviour upon him or herself by providing such a ****ty, sub-par and frustrating experience to the paying customer that sanity is pushed to the limit. In the dining industry Aussies are renowned for providing grudging service as if they are above having to bow to anyone else, even someone paying the salary.

When I see those "respect our staff" signs my first thought is generally about how bad the service must be to enrage the customers frequently enough to warrant such a defence. Those signs are little more than a cop-out for the standard of their service or product which is the fault of anyone but the customer. Jetstar and Qantas are regularly in the news for the crimes against humanity to which their paying passengers are routinely subjected and I notice the PAs now include a parental-style urging to respect the staff.

One day someone should do a study on the weird, symbiotic yet antagonistic relationship between punter and sandwiche-chucker. For a few hours at a time, they need each other yet often detest each other. One is fed by the other and vice versa and yet the antipathy displayed toward each other, particularly to the pax by the hostie, is bizarre.

Originally Posted by itsnotthatbloodyhard
Whereas what happened instead was a good use of his time and energy?
At least he got his energy re-charged at no extra cost.