PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Disgusting Jetstar
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2023, 23:18
Lookleft

Received 195 Likes on 90 Posts
Why don't they taser every passenger who unbuckles their seatbelt then stands up after landing, before the seatbelt light has been extinguished and despite instructions from CC? It's a strict liability offence for each and every passenger who does this, and I remain outraged that each of them is not arrested and charged - and tasered in the event of non-cooperation - each time I see this after landing, which happens to be every time after landing on commercial RPT.
I am not surprised that you sit there outraged, probably in a similar fashion to when you have to read the QNH back to Canberra Approach! The passengers are told to sit down by the CC. As the crew are complying with the requirement by being seated themselves then they can only issue verbal instructions to comply with the regulations. They will be offloading themselves anyway so no need for the AFP or tasering. If however they refuse to disembark then the AFP with the tasering option will be in play. If pax are not going to follow instructions before takeoff then its not going to get any better once in the air as the CM has lost any vestige of authority. All this pax had to do was follow the CC instructions and all would have been fine. Quite possibly he was told that once airborne then the seats could have been sorted out. For all those who think what does it matter, then you do not understand the clusterF#%$k that is Jetstar's loading system. A lot of you would not be aware that Jetstar nearly had an A321 go off the end of 16 in Melbourne because of an aircraft swap and too many pax were loaded forward. The PF pulled back at Vr and nothing happened, the aircraft stayed firmly attached to the runway. So the problem lays with the airline and the crew have to bear the brunt of the consequences.