PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Disgusting Jetstar
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2023, 01:37
Traffic_Is_Er_Was

Location: QLD - where drivers are yet to realise that the left lane goes to their destination too.
Received 182 Likes on 75 Posts
Leave the action to the CC who aren't going to escalate it
or ARE they?
Pilots don't know how to fight
No one is asking them to fight. I'm expecting them to exercise the authority those 4 bars give them (and the reason they get the top dollar on the aircraft) and actually attend to a problem in their aircraft that is escalating rapidly out of hand. Perhaps the captain (who for some reason is still held in some esteem by the passengers) actually coming and explaining to the guy why he needed to go back to his seat (at least for the take off) would have diffused this and perhaps carried more weight than a CC just stonewalling. It certainly wouldn't have hurt PR wise for the other passengers, who must have been left wondering just what the f*ck was going on. I dare say the aircraft would have probably left the gate sooner as well.
Keep me informed and tell me if you want him offloaded.
If you are just a rubber stamp, why not give the CC the authority? Seems to be a pain to bother you.
It's a bus with wings, not a cruise ship.
Well then maybe you just need to be paid like a bus driver if that's your attitude to the position.
What about everyone sits in their assigned seat for TAKEOFF. After that, fill your boots
If that is the case, what is the big deal about moving before takeoff. If it makes no difference after, what possible difference can it make before? I do grant the appropriate pax next to exit rows etc, but surely that is something that the cabin crew could monitor, rather than any other MUTUAL seat swap. If my wife and I board, and she sits in my seat and I sit in her seat, who will ever know, let alone care, however it seems to be the major safety concern here. If a bit of common sense had prevailed, the whole "failed to obey direction" would never have happened.
I don't see a "self entitled numpty" in the video. I see a customer (because that is what he is) being confused by the staff as to just what the problem is and what the major crime he has committed is. Perhaps if there were a rational explanation that actually made any sense in the real world provided to him rather than I said, so you have to, it may not have escalated to the point where he gets electrocuted for his troubles.
​​​​​​​Something horrible wrong here .
But no one wants to go near that elephant in the room.

Last edited by Traffic_Is_Er_Was; 28th Mar 2023 at 12:34.
The following users liked this post: