PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2023, 19:08
Concours77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From DAR

QuoteOriginally Posted by Pilot DAR "I have never flown a jet. I have trained many pilots who have moved back GA airplanes from having flown jets. The more I have done this training, the more I have learned to watch out for pilots who have unproven confidence in their piloting skills in types with much less performance than they are used to. Just because it's small, does not mean it flies like thebig/powerful/automated planes they were used to.

. I Started flying in 1971. In the Cessna 150. On the second lesson we did Stalls. The third, Spins, (which used to be a requirement for PPL).... The fourth, unrecovered Stall into a Spin. Instructor flew us to 7000 feet. Power on, pulled the yoke. Right at Stall, he kept pulling, then additional pull. Nose up, Stalled, Horn very loud. Yoke well back. Sinking quickly, shaking, extremely disconcerting. He then pushed the yoke forward. Then came the Spin. Debrief, I asked how long the a/c could be held in a Stall, Nose Up? "All the way down..Just cuz it's big, doesn't mean it won't behave like a little one?? Did 447 PF have the same instructor I did? Did he try putting the Nose Down to break the Stall, and was put off by the Aircraft wanting to Spin? He learned in gliders? Had he ever Stalled a 330? Doubts...​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​I think that may be why why he kept the a/c in mush... "But we have the engines. ..." Hoping those big motors would save the day?​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Last edited by Concours77; 26th Mar 2023 at 20:27.