PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Disgusting Jetstar
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2023, 13:27
Eclan

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Traffic_Is_Er_Was
I didn't see any transport category pilots at the coal face during this incident? Perhaps continuing to sit up front behind the locked door oblivious to what is going on down the back might not have been the best thing to do in this case. Maybe actually attending and exercising the authority those bars give you might have brought about a different outcome? Maybe some command judgment might have come in handy?
Have you ever actually been a captain?

The pilot already has a job to do: fly the jet. What on earth do you really think he's going to do when he turns up to a tasering in the making? The CC have training and experience in dealing with aggressive ferals, unlike Capt. Lardbelly in his lollipop hat and coinslot who would probably pop an aorta (or his pants seam) if he had to duck a punch. Most CC generally don't want the pilot getting in the way and out of breath while attempting to inflate his ego with some type the crew have seen many times before.

Pilots don't know how to fight and his employer would prefer the event ends with the pilot able to fly the service not busy picking up his teeth. Leave the action to the CC who aren't going to escalate it and in fact the ground staff whose job it is until the door is closed. All the pilot needs to do is take the advice of the CC when it comes to deciding whether or not to exercise his authority to offload the feral who, these days, has no respect for any authority including some pilot mistakenly believing he's a king of some kind. Don't rely on ground staff for this decision as they just want the problem to go away into the sky with you.

The good captains are the ones who say "Keep me informed and tell me if you want him offloaded."

It's a bus with wings, not a cruise ship.

Last edited by Eclan; 27th Mar 2023 at 00:17.
The following 3 users liked this post by Eclan: