PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RIA Saudi Airlines?
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2023, 13:56
Dingleberry Handpump

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kungfu panda
I take an entirely different view. The middle East is a very volatile region and Saudi Arabia under the Monarchy has pretty well remained stable and maintained a relatively peaceful status quo despite Iran trying to surround them on 3 sides. They keep a pragmatic, peaceful relationship with Israel. Domestically, the vast majority of Saudi's are very happy with the system and live comfortably as part of a well educated middle class. Rapid, positive changes have been made with regard to Women's rights, so much so that young Saudi men complain that they can no longer get jobs easily as 75% of new jobs go to women.

Rocking the boat from the outside is a bad idea. It would take so little to push ISIS into power and we'd have large numbers of people executed.

In my opinion, Saudi Arabia has a very reasonable system given the region. It could certainly be a heck of a lot worse.
I don’t necessarily disagree with you, but we’re talking about folks packing up their lives to live there as an expat.

It’s a tall ask, and it seems like there’s a few components of the package missing to be attractive to most.