PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2023, 01:58
Concours77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Howdy

Originally Posted by Check Airman
Sneaking a peak is not something that would occur to the PM. Why would he? I’ve had weird things happen, and I’ve never thought to look at the sidestick. Furthermore, depending on the lighting setup, the PM may not have been able to see the other sidestick, even if he tried to look over. If the 330 is similar to the 320, the CA (from the Jumpseat) would not have been able to see the sidestick either. Design flaw? Lastly, one can hardly blame Airbus for making 60kt the stall warning cutoff. How could someone foresee a situation where an airplane of that size would be in the air at that speed? I’m willing to bet that that feat has not been replicated.
The AoA is the instrument responsible for StallWarn, right? Wouldn't the AoA vane have been pinned at way past critical, AlphaMax the entire descent, regardless IAS? This story about "StallWarn inop below 60 knots" sounds like a red herring....the rate of descent was astronomical...my point at Impact: linking airspeed to StallWarn, not AoA vane operation (except when both are legitimately affected with low velocity,......etc.... ) ???

thanks!