PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Taking advantage of the present US exchange rate
Old 15th Jan 2004, 00:20
Naples Air Center, Inc.
The Oracle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no sponsor,

This thread was originally posted the Questions Forum. It looks like the moderators moved it to this forum.

At the time I was just responding in general to a question. (I do not believe Wireless ever looked at coming to my school.) This thread will now transform into a Flight Training Thread due being moved to this forum.

I agree with you, keep the money in your pocket, too many schools have taken full course fees from students up to the morning that the close the doors and stop trading.

Other options I was thinking about for Wireless are opening an account with a bank that has branches both in the U.K and the U.S. or a brokerage firm like Merrill Lynch. Since brokerage firms deal with the Stock Market, Mutual Funds, Bonds, T Bills, etc., their customers move large sums of money on a daily basis. They offer wire services to their customers at a very good rate, in many cases, better than a bank rate. (The only catch, they usually have a minimum wire amount of $10,000.00)

Take Care,

Richard