PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted-4
Thread: Stansted-4
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2023, 12:43
JW95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by davidjohnson6
STN406 - would it ever be possible for MAG to apply a coat of paint to the walls (and perhaps put in arm rests on the benches so it doesn't feel like an area for the homeless to sleep) in the downstairs quiet seating area underneath itsu, and maybe also re-cover the cushions on some of the benches in the (general) departures area ? I know these get heavy wear-and-tear, but some parts of the airport feel distinctly scruffy
I have to agree to this one. There are several areas in the terminal and the satellites that are looking very worn, which surprises me, considering the terminal was revamped not too long ago. The current state of the quiet seating area, for example is appalling, and generally gives off a very tired and dreary impression. Same goes for some of the seating areas in satellite 3: it looks very tired and should have been replaced and at least reupholstered. Satellite 2 in general is looking very dated and looks as if it has never been refurbished since it was opened in the 1990s. Granted, Covid-19 has impacted things at STN (as well as the vast majority of airports and businesses around the world), and measures to cut losses have of course been a necessity. However, now that air travel is well and truly recovering and passenger through flow increasing, I hope that MAG can begin finishing up on projects that had been started pre-pandemic, such as the shoreline check in design that has been mentioned. I think what would be a shame is if MAG decided to focus more on MAN and EMA and ignore STN as far as investment is concerned, as this would almost be a replay of what was happening under BAA ownership at STN.