PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2023, 09:17
ATC Watcher
Pegase Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bidule
"Seen on radar by Civil ATC" and what? Was the Civil ATC then aware of the nature of the test flight? Seeing a deep descent and a low altitude recovery - it it was that - on a radar does not mean that it was the "replay" of AF447. It could have been any other test that Airbus needed to carry out..
Indeed, good point , however normal daily Airbus test flighs do not do this . Anyway .I do not remember the exact points made at the time , that was 12 years ago but there were a few reports of that fight in the discussion . Pity the site closed not to be able to check the archives..
By the way, were these flights known by the AF447 families and referred to during the various legal/court sessions?
I have no idea ,maybe they were, I have not been following the day to day proceedings of the trial . However one has to remember that this was in 2010 before the hull was found and CVR/FDR were recovered . so I can guess the results of these flights did not deliver any additional useful technical info anymore after the FDR/CVR were read . I would nevertheless like to see the report of that flight. .

Last edited by ATC Watcher; 24th Mar 2023 at 11:13. Reason: typo