PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DEFO Interview
Thread: DEFO Interview
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2023, 00:44
controlledrest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Backupnav
HES1998
Do not listen too much what people are saying on here. I mean, yes, do read, but also do your homework and own research.
I loved my time in HK and with CX. I moved on a while ago now, but gosh, had I read what people were saying 12 years ago, I would have never joined, and made a big mistake. Granted, the flying is not the most exciting (I hope you do not mind losing a few nights sleep every month starring at a dark windscreen). Taxes are low. Full stop. Yes, it is high compared to... the sand box. wow, great comparison! Some people really need a reality check and see what happens elsewhere. Education is expensive, but the company will help you out. You will be making a lot of money with CX, and if you are not the biggest spender in town and you have a tad of wisdom (which I would expect since you are in this field of work), you will be saving quite a bit too. HK is a vibrant city. True, it has changed, but what has not? Live your life, enjoy the ride.
Backupnav, the company (Cathay Pacific) you worked for no longer exists and your post is irrelevant to the new company (Cathay). The managers have changed more than just the name. COS18 forced a 40 - 60% pay cut on us. We no longer have a contract, everything is company policy. Seniority doesn't exist. We have gone from 4000 to 2400 pilots - for good reason, and its not due to covid.