PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fate of RAF Scampton
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2023, 23:03
cheekychimp

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by SATCOS WHIPPING BOY
I don't think it is a case of blaming the locals for fighting back, more a case of the Government being deaf to EVERYONE's concerns here. THE major issue at every site is that the guests were not in secure accommodation. The Home Office could not guarantee their background, hence evryone was justifiably worried. Genuine asylum seekers with a real need to be here, and who would be welcome here, should fully understand our need to validate who they were. Once that is done they can be integrated into our society. Without any assurances then our security should come first. 1500+ SINGLE males of unknown background, literally dumped into a small village ( any village) is totally wrong. Once the idiots in power see why folk kick off then the sooner we may actually achieve an acceptable solution - until then, I support ANY community pushing back.
This is exactly it. I live in one of the 'Springline' villages at the bottom of the hill from Scampton, no one is concerned about genuine asylum seekers. This is about illegal immigrants, 1500 fighting aged males from the countries we've recently been involved in, wandering around up to no good. Alarmist? Possibly, but it's what people are worried about.
The following 4 users liked this post by cheekychimp: