PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - rotor stall in dynamic turn
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2023, 19:08
Baldeep Inminj

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by [email protected]
BI - I assume you are taking about the inboard section where there is no actual aerofoil and not the inner part of the blade itself where, at least on the advancing side, there is both speed and an aerofoil section.

I have only ever heard reference to the root of the blade in P of F terms as only including the parts where the aerofoil section exists but then I am just an ex-mil QHI who doesn't lecture internationally........
Crab, effectively yes, you are correct. By the root I am referring to the entire section from the mast attachment point out to the point at which the blade is not stalled on the advancing side. In pure terms there will be a point at the extreme inboard section of the 'flying' blade where the blade is stalled at 89 degrees of advance, flying at 90 degrees (ie exactly perpendicular to the forward airflow), and stalled at 101 degrees of advance. The blade is incrementally flying as we move outboard from this point.

BTW Crab, you do yourself a dis-service - I have read many of your posts on PPRuNE and I can assure you that you do indeed lecture internationally