PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted-4
Thread: Stansted-4
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2023, 16:55
JW95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Droidd
TK did run extra flights from STN to IST in the run up to Christmas last year in Turkish Airlines livieried AC.

I suspect that at the moment they don't want to serve the two airports from STN, as many people will just chose the cheaper SAW flights, unless going to IST for the connections.

There is talk of Anadolu Jet being seperated from Turkish so I don't think that we will see IST and SAW served from STN until that happens.
That is a very good point- I'd definitely agree that there will be much higher chances of TK resuming STN-IST on a permanent basis once Anadolu Jet is sold off.

On a different note, is there anything significant planned this year as far as the STN transformation programme is concerned? Last I heard was that the arrivals building has now been scrapped in favour of a second terminal and new satellite, unless this has also changed? Also, does anyone think MAG will ever invest some ££ in re-commissioning the jet bridges on satellite 2? I am aware there are only 2-3 that are operational, but the remainder have been untouched and unused for many years.