PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Disgusting Jetstar
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2023, 02:23
AerialPerspective

Received 64 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Chronic Snoozer
You risk being nibbled to death by ducks. If you let one passenger dictate where they'll sit and how they'll behave then you'll be dealing with, potentially, 20 then 30 and then a whole plane load of pax who want to decide how the operation is going to be run.

Never said people should be able to choose their seats or do their own seat swaps, not at any time. I was saying that there is an entry in the system to change a pax from one seat to another, it's not rocket science and it's possible to do it at check in. It's called customer service, even in an LCC. They all rave about it on their website so they should show at least a modicum of an effort.

Society has changed. More flying, fewer frills, more passengers, greater sense of entitlement. You'd have to be blind not see the changes in societal behaviours since the internet was invented.
Again, I'm not an idiot, I know flying has changed but that's not what I was talking about. There are ways to deal with things and ways not to. I wasn't there for the whole thing but I suspect the approach was possibly a bit more officious than it needed to be.