PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Disgusting Jetstar
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2023, 19:52
framer

Received 481 Likes on 129 Posts
I remember a story about VA not so long ago where it certainly appeared from the reporting that a passenger asked a question and the gate staff called the police.
And do you believe that story to be accurate? If so you aren’t using your brain to overcome your emotions, you’re just identifying a story that fits with your idea that things are no good now days, and rolling with it. Apply some critical thinking to that story. It’s complete rubbish.
​​​​​​​Gate staff often call the police with the slightest disagreement. In my day
No they don’t. Why do you think that’s the case? I’ve operated about 4000 sectors out of major Australian ports in the last 15 years and have had Police to the aircraft twice. Both well deserved, one booze and ego, the other mental health.
​​​​​​​but with nearly 40 years of experience I question if this couldn't have been handled better.
If it could have been handled better my guess is that the improvements are to be made after the AFP entered the scene. That said, I don’t want to judge them without knowing the full story.