PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Disgusting Jetstar
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2023, 17:01
SWBKCB

Received 93 Likes on 63 Posts
Originally Posted by AerialPerspective
I'm sorry, but unless they turned up late or checked in separately, you can't say it's not Jetstar's fault. The check in agent has eyes and the ability to read and would have seen they were split seated. Maybe he/she did, maybe the pax didn't care at that stage or maybe they just handed them the BP and let them go blissfully unaware. I don't know a check in agent of any experience who wouldn't have looked at the seats and at least tried to do something, if they were the 207, 8 and 9th to check in out of 209 then it's not JQ's fault but if they checked in halfway, I know it's a low cost carrier but there's no cost in moving a few seats around and re-printing the BP.
From the Jetstar website:

Family travel and seating

You can select and purchase seats for your family when you book through our website or with one of our friendly team members.
  • If you choose not to select your seats, they will be randomly assigned at check in, at no additional cost.
  • We do our best to seat families together when we allocate seating and we’ll make sure that young children are seated with a parent or guardian, but we can’t guarantee you’ll be all together. That’s why it’s best to select your seats when you book your flights.