PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing 737 Max Recertification Testing - Finally.
Old 22nd Mar 2023, 16:58
Big Pistons Forever

Received 133 Likes on 60 Posts
Nothing can bring back the dead passengers but a monetary settlement is a way to in measurable and well understood terms, to acknowledge and atone for wrong doing. I do not see how anybody could argue that there was NOT a significant period of time, perhaps 17 seconds, where the passengers must have known they were likely to die. That mental anguish has to qualify as pain and suffering in my opinion.

My point, however is that this is a chance for Boeing to reset their sadly battered image. Yes it will cost them money but acknowledging the pain and suffering shows there is some humanity in corporate America. Digging in to fight this to the bitter end just looks bad and shrieks of the kind of short term thinking that permeates Boeing and is responsible for breaking the greatest civil aviation manufacturer that ever existed.

And yes I get that there is undoubtedly some unseemly lawyer money grubbing going on, but the lawyers negligence didn't kill all those people, Boeing's negligence did.

Last edited by Big Pistons Forever; 22nd Mar 2023 at 18:42.