PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2023, 05:17
fdr

Received 861 Likes on 257 Posts
Originally Posted by Winemaker
I think there might be some confusion here with Sfojimbo's post re rail lines and some other posts..... It would certainly be a good thing to have longer range HIMARS.
Hey 2xU, no confusion; Russia has not showed any competency in anything other than fertilising Ukraine, and wrecking their reputation. This is Act III of the Bolshevik revolution. Last thing that Russia showed competency in was....... was...... my mind has gone blank. Darn good at killing Russians, pretty effective at killing their friends and neighbours. But to the concept of being prepared to protect their MSR, I got no evidence that suggests they have shown anything beyond contempt for the concept to date.

They need full octane HIMARS, not the decaf stuff.

There are hundreds of MQ1s sitting idle. There are a lot of crews that would operate those for the Ukrainians, as it still seems to be a bit difficult to get the point through to the lords and masters in the west that the deaths of Ukrainians in defending both their country and Article 5 of the UN Charter obliges countries with capability to assist them. They are needlessly dying as the west has been equivocal on its support to their hour day year of need.

The longer this goes on, the more harm the SMO does to the rest of the world as well as Ukrainians, and incidentally Russians, many of them who would prefer to be alive in their own beds rather than becoming part of the sunflower fields. Ukraine will forevermore be synonymous with sunflowers and Russian stupidity, as poppy are a reminder of 1914-1917 1918 (Blackadder goes 4th)
The following 3 users liked this post by fdr: